A letter from the Bill Thomas Family,
We are getting the word out that there are untruths being spread. Three years ago, on September 12th, 2013 we announced that the Bill Thomas Family had ended all connection with Robert Auxier and BTM LLC of Arizona. On August 20, 2015, in Federal Court, the Bill Thomas Family prevailed in the lawsuit brought against us by BTM LLC of Arizona. Read the ruling, http://billthomasmotors.com/judgement.html. The Court ruled that because ‘only’ Bill Thomas, the original creator, could certify each Continuation Cheetah with ‘his’ signature on the Certificate of Authenticity, it was to be considered a personal services contract. Therefore, the Authorization Agreement between Bill Thomas and BTM LLC of Arizona terminated upon the death of Bill Thomas on October 10, 2009. Because of this termination, as of October 10, 2009:
- The Bill Thomas Continuation Cheetah project ended. Between 2001 and 2008, Bill Thomas authenticated thirty Continuation Cheetahs, numbered #001 through #030.
- BTM LLC of Arizona’s and the Auxiers manufacturing and licensing rights to use the Bill Thomas Cheetah brand and any Bill Thomas Intellectual Properties ended.
- Any documentations, records, photographs, and papers that the Auxiers possess, belong to the Bill Thomas Family. Some items were temporarily loaned to him for purposes of advertising the Continuation Cheetah. The rest were taken without the Bill Thomas Family’s permission. We have requested that BTM LLC of Arizona and Robert Auxier return all our father’s documentations, records, photographs, and papers but he has refused to do so.
- While we are extremely pleased with the decision of the Court in the lawsuit brought against us, we are very disappointed in the disruption it has had on the Cheetah Community.
- As sole owners of all Bill Thomas Intellectual Property, which includes but not exclusively, Bill Thomas, Bill Thomas Cheetah, the above logos, and Cheetah as it pertains to the automotive industry, we request from you to please:
- Thoroughly investigate all claims made by anyone concerning the ownership or usage rights of the Bill Thomas Intellectual Property.
- Retract or correct any publications that falsely claim ownership or usage rights by BTM LLC of Arizona and Robert Auxier.
- Understand that BTM LLC of Arizona and Robert Auxier have NEVER owned any of the Bill Thomas Intellectual Property.
- Understand that BTM LLC of Arizona and Robert Auxier do NOT have authorization to use the Bill Thomas Intellectual Property.
- Understand that BTM LLC of Arizona and Robert Auxier do NOT have authorization to sell any Bill Thomas Cheetahs, be it called Continuation, Tribute, or by any other name.
- Understand that Robert Auxier is actively attempting to obtain the trademark rights to the logos listed above and continues to cause hardship on the Bill Thomas Family.
- Understand that BTM LLC of Arizona and Robert Auxier have used individuals to publicly discredit Bill Thomas and the Bill Thomas Family to advance his own untruths and his continued agenda in misleading the public.
- A search for Bill Thomas Cheetah will provide several websites, including the www.cheetahcars.com forums that will demonstrate Robert Auxier’s character and past deeds.
- Please discuss all matters concerning our Bill Thomas Intellectual Property with us.
Thank you for your time and helping us prevent BTM LLC of Arizona and Robert Auxier from continuing to mislead the public, disrupting to the Cheetah Community, and damaging the Bill Thomas Family’s rights.
Carolyn Thomas Walters
Daughter of Bill Thomas